Suspension of operations by security forces likely to continue in J&K after Ramzan

Srinagar: Suspension of anti-terror operations by security forces in Jammu in Kashmir is likely to be continued after Ramzan. The Ministry of Home Affairs had on May 16, 2018, asked security forces not to launch operations in J&K during the holy month of Ramzan. They had said that decision had been taken to help the “peace-loving Muslims observe Ramzan in a peaceful environment”. However, the Centre had also said that the security forces reserved “the right to retaliate if attacked or if essential to protect the lives of innocent people”.

As per Zee Media sources, the government has received feedback that the move has got a positive response in the Kashmir Valley. However, in the wake of the ceasefire, there has been an increase in firing and shelling by Pakistan, which does not want the move to be successful in the state. Security forces have been retaliating with full force and as per BSF reports, Pakistan has had to suffer three times more than India. The para-military force is said to have been sending daily reports of the operations at the border.

There was a lull in firing along the border on Wednesday after nine days of intense shelling by Pakistani troops that left 11 people dead and 60 others injured. “There was no firing and shelling from the Pakistan side today. There is a lull”, a senior BSF officer told PTI. But, there was overnight firing and shelling by the Pakistan Army in Lam and Nowshera sectors of Rajouri district, in which one civilian suffered injury, a district official said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *